Teaching & Learning
- Media Services
- Labs & Classrooms
- Training & Support
- Hardware, Software & Equipment
- Willoughby Fellows Program
- Projects & Initiatives
- Events & Activities
News & Events
Bosler Media Center
Contact Info & Location
Bosler Hall Basement
Monday - Thursday:
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- The Media Center facilities and services are available for use by Dickinson College faculty, students and staff.
- Equipment may be reserved by calling or emailing the Media Center.
- Priority for equipment loan is given to class projects, reservations are highly encouraged.
- Same day requests for equipment loan are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Equipment may be borrowed for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Borrowed equipment must be returned by the end of the day.
- Late fees will begin to accrue 48 hours after checkout.
- Replacement fees will be charged if equipment is broken or lost.
|Item||Single Price||Bulk (5)||Bulk (10)||Bulk (20)|
|MINI DV Tape||$3.00||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Students must use their college charge acct to purchase media.
Departments may use departmental account numbers.
AT provides media for duplication services for academic and college event related materials.
A CD/DVD duplication self-serve station is available for students and faculty use.
Equipment & Software
Equipment available for check out
- Mini digital video cameras
- Film light kits
- Boom microphone kits
- Digital still cameras
- Transcription machines
- Digital audio recorders
- Boom boxes
- Tape recorders
- VHS cameras
- Projection screens
- Lavalier microphones
Equipment available for use in the Media Center
- 7 24” iMacs (OSX + Windows)
- 1 video conversion workstation
- 1 batch dvd/cd duplicator
- 1 high-speed large format scanner
- 4 standard scanners
Software installed on Media Center computers
- Adobe Creative Suite 4
- Acrobat Professional
- Final Cut Express
- Comic Life
- Google Earth Pro
The Media Center must follow copyright laws when converting, copying or editing media formats. Fair Use doctrine and the Teach Act specify that portions of films, television shows, audio works and text can be used for educational purposes under certain conditions. The media center equipment may not be used in a manner that would violate copyright. Please do not ask media center staff to violate copyright laws. Feel free to contact email@example.com with any specific question you may have regarding this issue.
Additional information about fair use and the Teach Act: